So, yesterday we submitted our level.
We are happy with the way it turned out and feel it was completed to the best of our ability in the time available. The whole process has been a great learning curve for us especially in regards to engine work, now my team and I feel much more confident in using game engines and using them to realise our visions. This has been a great opportunity for us to work as a team and we found this to be a beneficial way of working. As we all have similar visions, we pushed each other to the best of our ability to achieve the quality we all strive for. I feel that we have achieved our goals of creating the gothic atmosphere and referencing gothic literatures successfully.
For the final submission the main changes were correcting lighting, making sure all collision is working correctly, fixing bugs, adding more sounds and finally adding our very own 'Masque of the Red Death.'
We have updated the crydev project page here.
So, here are our final renders and fly-through.
Time to play the waiting game.
Thanks for following and wish us luck :)